Due to current social distancing requirements and not being able to stay away overnight, our weekend trip calendar and week night climbing sessions are currently suspended.
If you are heading out walking, mountaineering or climbing, please ensure you adhere to current government guidance and advice provided by the BMC.
Social responsibility remains an important overall principle in whatever you are doing – the current situation requires us all to carefully consider our actions and minimise our impact on other users, our climbing and hill walking community and wider society. It is up to the individual to think for themselves and consider others when planning trips and engaging in any activities outdoors.
- Stay at home if you are showing symptoms of C-19 or self-isolating.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2m from anyone outside of your household.
- Be cautious of touching surfaces and shared equipment. Be committed to hand hygiene – carry and use hand sanitiser (containing 80% alcohol to be effective) .
- Avoid popular venues, pinch points and routes which force you close to others.
- Whatever you are doing, scale back your ambitions and be fully confident of your physical and technical ability for any objective you embark upon.
- Mountain Rescue capability is hugely reduced/diminished and any response is likely to take longer and with reduced resources compared to normal, not to mention increasing risk of transmission between casualties and team members.
- Updated government guidance on accessing green spaces safely has now been issued and is worth reading and understanding.